Yesterday I had to prepare a submission for a business owner. She was asked to speak about what she felt were the key elements of her success . I know this person very well and am one a small group who have seen how hard she has worked to achieve success.
Below is the list I prepared for this submission.
* Vision – You need to see where you are going to be able to make a choice of which path to take.
* Passion – Loving what you do is vital cause it is going to get hard sometimes and only love will keep you going.
* Respect – For your customers, Staff and suppliers cause you’re not alone on this journey.
* Innovation – to be the best at what you do you have to be a leader not a follower. Striving to be ahead of the pack gets you noticed.
* Tenacity – Last on this list but it may be the most important. There are days when you will be barely hanging by the skin of you teeth. You will need all the will you can muster just to lift your head off the pillow some morning’s. Tenacity is vital cause you’ll have to fight tooth and nail to make a go of it.
There have been times when I have honestly wondered how she survived but no matter what or how she was feeling she just kept going.
Which brings me to my point. Up until recently there has a trend that goes something like this. “tell a child they can be anything they want to be and the they will succeed.”
What about working hard, Is it a dirty word?
Success ALMOST never just happens. I am not just talking about your working life either, hard work is needed in every facet of your life.